A lot of women want to lose weight.
The impression we have is that we have to really get geared up mentally to start.
We plan, set a date, worry and then fuss over the upcoming start and trauma of a pending diet
The very beginning of a weight loss program should be easy, simple and stress free.
First, start small. Do something different but something that will not make a huge, traumatic impact on your life. Like, try skipping dessert and opt for coconut yoghurt with sprinkled almonds instead. Eat one less cookie a day and opt to make some delicious protein balls instead. Small new habits can create some big new changes. It doesn’t have to be hard.
If you’re interested in losing weight, you’re objective is to create a daily calorie deficit. For example, by consuming 1700 calories per day and expending 2000 calories per day, your caloric deficit is 300 calories.
If you understand that to increase your daily calorie deficit, there are two options you have;
1. Eat fewer calories in the form of carbohydrates OR
- Increase calorie expenditure via exercise or other physical activity.
Take a walk each evening. Take the stairs instead of an elevator at work.
By exercising for 30 minutes, five days per week, you can substantially increase your calorie expenditure and in addition, improve your metabolism.
Below is a quick list to help you easily create a calorie deficit without the stress of a diet:
- Make aerobic exercise such as walking part of your daily life. Walk each evening. Make it fun. Walk with music, listen to a podcast to chat to a good friend.
- Be an early riser and exercise in the morning. Even if it’s for 20mins you’ll notice a significant difference in your energy levels.
- Stay off the scales. Don’t weigh yourself every day. Focus on taking measurements and how you feel, not how much you weigh.
- Develop an intrinsic desire and focus on being healthy.
- Avoid fad diets and learn to understand that healthy weight loss takes time.
- If you need a kickstart or more information on how to structure a weight loss plan, hire a weight loss coach to assist you.
With a focus on feeling good, your negative calorie deficit will not only be seen but will give you more energy and vibrance and be permanent.
It becomes a NEW WAY of LIFE!