For some reason, it took me a while to develop the strength to taste an avocado let alone rub, mix, blend, chop, bake or spread them.
Now I’m in love! Here are 10 reasons why I love you avocado…
- I love that your decadence tastes sinfully delicious, yet it’s the “healthiest” of fats.
- I love that you make my skin plump and luminous. The antioxidants in avocados help to get rid of toxins that promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. A lot of the toxins on your facial skin are the residue of makeup. Applying 1 mashed avocado as a facial mask and leaving it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing will help to remove these toxins and soften the skin.
- I love to use you as a spread on my gluten free bread toast with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- I love that you make hair shiny. One avocado mashed and mixed together with 1 egg and your favorite essential oil is great for conditioning your hair. The healthy oils in the avocado help to moisturize and soften dry and brittle hair, and the vitamin E helps to restore a natural shine to your hair. To obtain these benefits simply massage the avocado and egg mixture into your hair and scalp and leave in for about 20 minutes. Then wash and condition with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
- I love to use you in my salads. Any kind of salad.
- I love to use you on my sandwiches in place of mayonnaise.
- I love that you complete me. Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which is difficult for most people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body because avocados also contain fiber.If you are trying to cut down on animal sources of protein in your diet, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan seeking more protein, avocados are a great nutritional ally to include not merely as an occasional treat, but as a regular part of your diet. Highest protein content of any fruit (yes, it’s a fruit).
- I love to use you in my smoothies to add some creamy richness.
- I love to scramble you in my egg white omelet.
- I love that you help me with my ABCs. While avocados have a high caloric count (one avocado is 320 calories), the various nutrients and “healthy” fats make it a must-eat. They are an alphabet of vitamins. One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with an enormous amount of potassium and “healthy” fat which is great brain-food and keeps me feeling full.
Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is the nutrition and by adding avocado to certain foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients.
This means that when you combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
How could you not love them after all that? Get avocado nutrition facts here.
Why do you love avocado’s? Please share, leave your comments below.