Losing weight and staying fit:
In today’s information age, we all know the basics of health and fitness.
But why is it that some people succeed in losing weight and staying fit while others struggle?
Let’s explore the two key factors that determine your outcomes and what you can do to improve your chances of being part of the successful minority.
Firstly, there are genetic factors.
Most information out there focuses on how to overcome natural limitations through physical activity and dieting.
Body type plays a significant role here.
There are three main types:
1. ectomorphic (thin and slender),
2. mesomorphic (athletic and muscular), and
3. endomorphic (round and prone to weight gain).
While body type can provide insights into how your body may respond to diet and lifestyle, it doesn’t determine your overall health.
Thin people can still be unhealthy due to bad habits, while those who aren’t stereotypically thin can be healthy thanks to good habits.
Another way to classify your body is by the dominant hormone-producing gland that affects nutrient processing.
These glandular types include adrenal, thyroidal, pituitary, and gonadal (for women). Understanding your body type and glandular type can provide insights into specific challenges or advantages you may face on your fitness journey.
However, it’s crucial to note that while genetic factors play a role, the real key to success lies in psychological factors.
Your outlook and mindset are where the rubber meets the road in weight loss and staying healthy.
Your body type alone doesn’t determine your destiny.
The knowledge of your body type can impact your psychological outlook, but it shouldn’t limit your potential.
Now, let’s address the five key steps to tap into your own power, drive, and confidence for success:
- Self-acceptance: Embrace your body’s strengths and weaknesses. Be okay with striving for YOUR personal best, not someone else’s.
- Find your motivation: Discover what drives you. Experiment with different tools like workout buddies, motivational books, visualising your goals, or considering the benefits of a healthy and fit life.
- Set attainable goals: Once you’ve developed self-acceptance and found motivation, set realistic and achievable goals. Avoid random goals that can lead to disappointment.
- Immerse yourself in motivation: Once you’ve identified what works for you, fully embrace it. Let it fuel your actions and keep you going.
- Make fitness a lifestyle: Traditional diets rarely work. It’s your day-to-day lifestyle that matters most. Maintain your progress by integrating healthy habits into your everyday life.
Remember, you have the potential to be successful in weight loss and fitness.
Educate yourself about your body, develop a winning attitude through effective motivation, and with the right information and support, achieving your goals will be within reach.
Want help? Schedule a call >>> BOOK HERE